Mike Farmer |
1420 Industrial Park Road
Wiggins, MS 39577
Hours of Operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Other Department Personnel:
601-928-7042 ext. 10
601-928-3191 ext. 17
601-928-3191 ext. 16
601-928-3191 ext. 15
Cpt. Jay Green
Lt. Roland Flowers
601-928-3191 ext. 33
601-928-3191 ext. 26
Lt. Lewis Husband
Sgt. Adam Guidry
Jackie Ray Knight
Brisco G. Parker
School Resource Officer
School Crossing Guard
Road Crew Supervisors
J. B. Dedeaux
Raymond “Mickey” Heim
Sheriff's Department Services:
The role of the Stone County Sheriff’s Department is to provide law enforcement for the county. The Sheriff’s duties can be generally described as either law enforcement or administrative. Some of the responsibilities of the Sheriff include:
Law Enforcement Duties
These duties are specifically to keep the peace within the county, by causing all offenders in his view to enter into bonds, with sureties, for keeping the peace and for appearing at the next circuit court, and by committing such offenders in case of refusal. The sheriff is also charged with the duty to quell riots, routs, affrays and unlawful assemblages, and to prevent lynchings and mob violence.
- Serve as the county's jailor. The sheriff is required to keep separate rooms for the sexes, not permitting communication between male and female prisoners, unless they are married; provide lights when necessary and proper; sufficient and clean bedding; and daily wholesome and adequate food and drink.
- Have charge of the courthouse and jail of his county, of the premises belonging thereto, and of the prisoners in said jail. This includes the protection of the court and prisoners from mob violence, injuries or attacks by mobs, and from trespasses and intruders.
- Submit a budget of his office's estimated expenses for the next fiscal year including payment of premiums on the bonds and insurance necessary to protect the interest of the county. (i.e. bonds for liability insurance, insurance against false arrest charges, insurance against false imprisonment charges, theft, fire, and other hazards insurance, and hospitalization insurance).
- Keep books of every kind, maps, charts, and other things that may be donated to the county.
- Keep the Mississippi Department Reports, census reports, statutes of the state, the Mississippi Reports, digests, and legislative journals assigned to his county in the courtroom of the courthouse.
- Keep a jail docket noting the details of each warrant or mittimus of any person placed in the county jail.
- The Stone County Regional Correctional Facility maintains visitation times on the 2 nd Saturday and 4 th Sunday of each month from 8 a.m. until 11 a.m.
- To visit an offender, please download the following packet that includes rules and regulations for visitation and an application that must be filled out and returned to the county correctional facility.
- Mississippi Sex Offender Registry Search: www.sor.mdps.state.ms.us
- Any questions regarding sex offenders in Stone County,
please contact Melissa Turan at 601-928-3191 ext. 26.